FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome restaurant pays price after tourist rip-off
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:41 pm
Ichinensei

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Rome

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I think you are confusing "value" and "price." Even street vendors list the cost of products. Your sandwich may not have been "worth" 20EU but the price is the price.
I feel very little sympathy here.. Haha.. LOL.. It's OK. This was back in 2000. I was on my first ever overseas trip. I was young, naive and travelling with a whole bunch of Aussies on a contiki Tour. It was outside the Vatican. We asked the guy like 5 times how much it was.. He never told us until the sandwich was in our hands. You see, when you travel for the first time, you never expect the side street vendor to rip you off like that. Here in Toronto, all the hotdog vendors have prices on their carts. That sandwich guy didnt. You want to know why? It's so he can rip people off.. That's why, I would tell everyone to stay away from these ripoff artists... Oh one more thing, back then it was the lira... so it took us a while to figure out how much we paid. LOL. After all, we had already went to UK, Netherlands, Germany, Austria before getting to Rome...