FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)
Old Jul 5, 2009, 12:48 pm
moyrani

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
I'm flying JFK-LHR with my mom in August. I purchased the tickets back in February. She has no status. Our reservations are linked. At the time there was availability for only one eVip upgrade. For some reason, the agent could not upgrade my mom's reservation so we did mine and waitlisted mom's. Surprisingly, she got the LHR-JFK upgrade 3 months ago. I had signed up for EF alerts but I did not get an alert before her upgrade. We're still waiting for the outbound flight upgrade. I'm not sure if we have a good chance. We're traveling on Saturday, August 15 at 6:30pm. There are 2 or 3 other JFK-LHR flights on the same day. The "seat availability" map still looks good. EF says there are 7 spots open in J. It doesn't show the C bucket yet for that flight.
If she doesn't get the upgrade, I'll switch seats with her. At least we have the upgrades for the return flights but I'm more interested in upgrading the outbound flight.