FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis - Washington D.C. post renovation 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Jul 4, 2009, 1:39 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
St. Regis Washington DC report July 2009

Preface: In town for the 4th weekend and see a couple friends/clients.

Rate: Two nights based upon the current promotion.

Transportation: A buddy and me took a bump at SFO and ended going via LAX to IAD. My friends picked us up at IAD and took us to Sweetwater Grill near the airport. They then brought us into DC.

Parking: They have valet parking and ask 5 to 10 minutes to retrieve car.

Check-in: This was a pretty smooth process. For whatever reason the agent would only cut my key for one night. This morning I was able to go down and get it cut for this evening also. Kinda a little concerned. I was given a upgrade to a Metropolitan "Suite". I am quoting it that way since we had a Met. Suite in SF and it was totally different. This is just one large room with no door or walls for that matter to provide any privacy to the bed room area. Other hotels would only call it a junior suite.

Perks: As noted above. I did receive a small bag of red, white and blue jelly belly candy as a P.

Lounge: Not here.

Room: As stated the suite is a room. A large room but a room. You enter onto carpet. The right wall which is the otherside of the hallway has a set of cabinets. You have a closet, entertainment center with flat panel LG and dvd player. Below is a frig. The other cabinet is for clothes and drawers. Coming around the wall you have a king bed. I have a full wall of windows with curtains thank goodness which keep me for seeing the interior view. Then come a desk. In the middle you have a nice sofa, ottoman and two comfy chairs. Comfortable.

Bathroom: The bathroom is a very nice size. You have stone floors and beautiful tile work. You have a tub, seperate shower (huge), toilet room and two basin sink. The mirror has a unique feature with a tv on the other side. A feature I have only seen in custom homes built by friends in WA. The amenities are Remede and you have two full sets.

Internet: Internet in the room is wired and $12.95 per day. Believe under 24 hour period. People were using wireless in the lobby so that must be comp. per someone we met in the elevator.

Gym: not been

Spa: not been

Eating venues: We had drinks with our friends yesterday evening on the lobby bar. Nice but they had a very limited liquor selection. Maybe high end stuff but not what people wanted at least in our group. They could not make three of six drinks requested. Drinks were a little less than $100. Service was marginal.

Local markets: Lots of things around.

Local area: Perfect location. The new W is also in a great location.

Negatives: Last night at drinks we noted the staff was not that highly polished. It was a odd mix. This morning I encountered a couple professionals. I don't know if it is just DC or the lack of training. Our confirms say butler but I have not heard a word from anyone. Another strange fact going on.

Closing: I am mixed on this place. I had some concerns before coming here and got attitude from staff. As noted also felt the staff was mixed. I stayed here before and thought it was exceptional. This time I am disappointed. With regret I can not say that I would stay again.

We had breakfast at Cosi down the block. Coffee is served downstairs comp until 10 AM. This afternoon they had cookies. All nice touches. This evening we will dine out before catching the fireworks. Regards from DC