FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [archived] Favorite iPhone/iPad applications
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:42 pm
Allanf

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Well I finally gave in and bought my first iphone a few days ago. I went with the 3G S of course. I absolutely love it. I have drained the battery everyday by playing with it all day and night.

My fave apps so far:

Tweetie (for Twitter)
Tweetdeck (for Twitter)
Facebook
Yelp
SPG Mobile
Fandango
Google Earth
Urbanspoon
Flight Track

I have 32 GB on the phone so I will be adding a lot more as I find ones I like.
My new favorite is Tripit. You have to get a free account on their website and then you just forward the confirmation e-mails that you get from the airlines, hotel and rental car companies to [email protected]. Somehow they recognize your name and decode these and give you a beautiful itinerary including all your flight numbers and departure and arrival times, seat assignment, hotel addresses, rental car info, driving directions from the airport to the hotel and so forth. It is free for the basic version which is perfect I think even for most road warriors. You can share your itinerary with others - it is an amazing app. Be sure on your iPhone to go into settings > scroll down to Tripit and set Check for Updates to whatever you want - any updates you send to Tripit will not be posted for that time interval so if you want to see an update immediately set it for 5 minutes or whatever you can live with.