FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant - SEA-LHR-MAN trip report in J
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:06 am
awestphal

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Lost Luggage = Lost as in "not with me on my flight" or as in "permanently lost"?

I actually like the fact my luggage likes LHR so much that it wants stay there a little bit longer than myself. That occurs with regular frequency on SIN-LHR-TXL with QF/BA.

There must be some snag with luggage transfers T4 -> T5.

Then again, it is somewhat nice not having to drag your luggage to long term parking at TXL but rather having it delivered to your home later that night.

In my experience, BA has a stellar track record in getting delayed luggage to me. When our snowboarding equipment managed to stay behind in LHR on DUS-LHR-YVR, BA hired someone to deliver it the next day to a lodge 5 hours north of YVR (beyond Whistler). That same winter, LH on DUS-MUC-GVA (again with a snowboard) pretty much said: "Ve contracted to get you and your equipment to GVA, zo you vill have to pick it up at the airport tomorrow." (1.5 h one way from Verbier in the winter).

BTW, I would not mix wine w/ other luggage - the one (and only) piece of luggage that BA lost over years was one that included a sixpack of South African wine. I was told that my luggage had to be destroyed because it was seeping an unidentiable liquid... Got reimbursed through my credit card, not through BA.