FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Punta Mita, Mexico: Four Seasons or St. Regis
Old Jul 2, 2009, 7:11 pm
rbarr24

Punta Mita, Mexico: Four Seasons or St. Regis

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster......allow me to provide you the background:

I booked a room at the St. Regis Punta Mita, fully refundable, that basically gives 6 nights at the price of 4 with breakfast. After reading some less than favorable reviews here about the St. Regis, I noticed from one of the FSPP agents here about the $1,234 credit for 4 night stays. Including FSPP perks, it brings the cost of the similar 6 nights into a very close range. As such, price is not a factor, albeit it favors FS.

With this being said, I am going away with my fiance (no kids) and we are just looking for a relaxing week to sit poolside and read books. I may play a round or two of golf and get a couples massage at some point, but our focus is really just to relax and enjoy a top notch resort. While I have no issues paying for good dinners, I expect unlimited complimentary bottles of water in Mexico.

So given the background, the questions are:
1. Do I go with St. Regis over FS?
2. Do I bail on Punta Mita and go to Mayakoba to stay at the Rosewood (for more money)
3. Where else would you recommend?

Thanks,
RBARR