FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The RWT/DO Thank You thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:57 pm
Dilemma

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
I cannot mention enough how much fun I had, and how much I appreciate the planning atldlff with the support of Canarsie. I must thank Everyone @ Delta. There are too many Delta Employees to mention all of them by name.

Even though the lack of air conditioning made the Delta Heritage Museum tour uncomfortable (Again, it's not called Hotlanta for nothing!), It made the trip even more memorable. The highlight of the tour for me was the chance to sit in one of the seats on the DC-3. The DC-3 was an amazing display of the quality and care provided by the Delta Museum volunteers. Being able to walk around (and in) "The Spirit of Delta" was a blast.

Although I did not win anything during the Executive Q&A Session, I had a great time. Having Jeff & Josh answer our questions so openly, as well as picking up the tab on our dinner was awesome.

The Operations Control Center (OCC) tour was impressive and extremely informative. The Technical Operations Center (TOC) tour was very impressive. Viewing all of the myriad departments, the sheer number of employees, and having such direct access to our hosts with answers to our numerous questions was amazing.

Our visit to Firehouse #40 was better than any of us could have imagined. Having about 20 FTers shoved into the small viewing tower at the station was great. All of us stood there in the heat (indoors, but no ventilation) waiting to watch the NW 744 take off. I thoroughly enjoyed my ride in the fire engine. A very big "Thank You!" to the firefighters who hosted us.

The dinner at Prime, sponsored by Aircell/Gogo WiFi was delicious. Although my flights to and from the event did not have WiFi on board, I am looking forward to using the free WiFi as soon as I can!

The Road Warrior Training at the Training Center was, without a doubt, the most fun I've had in a long time. The motion simulator, the water ditching, opening the emergency exits, and the after hours tour some of us received afterward was great. I felt like a kid in a candy store!

Through all of these tours, I could not help but be in awe of the sheer number of employees that welcomed us. This tour made me proud of being a Delta frequent flyer!

In the words of MemphisQueen, "Best. Field. Trip. Ever." I don't think I can top that!

Edit: I forgot to mention the Meteorologist at the RWT. He was great. Thank you for dropping by to talk with us!

Last edited by Dilemma; Jun 30, 2009 at 12:19 am Reason: Added Meteorologist