FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [archived] Favorite iPhone/iPad applications
Old Jun 29, 2009, 4:05 pm
adambadam

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Ok. I tried out the 2-player mode in Flight Control yesterday. Overall it is pretty fun and a nice change from the normal game play. If you have a friend nearby who also likes the game i recommend that you give it a try at the very least.

A few things to note:

The game works by having two maps that are connected to each other either off of the left or right hand side of the screen. One player lands the pink planes the other lands the yellow planes and the helicopters. When a plane that is not your comes on to your screen you have to direct it off to the shared side of the map. When you send a plane off the edge it shows up pretty much unannounced, unless you say something, on the connecting edge of your friends screen. When I played the other day this was where almost every crash was happening even with our strategy of sending certain planes high and others low.

You play whatever map you have selected on the home screen when you go into the multiplayer menu. Meaning one person can be on the aircraft carrier and another can be on the original, for example.

It took sometimes almost 30 seconds for the phone to recognize that the other phone was trying to connect to start a session.

Again a fun improvement to my favorite game right now on the iPhone.