FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10K miles for 3 stays
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:31 pm
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by whynotgo
It sounds rather clear to me.
The potential gotcha is the timing of when the 10,000 mile bonus posts and with what posting date. The US promotion ends on July 31, 2009 and all activity must be posted by September 30, 2009 to be eligible for the 50% bonus. The Wyndham promotion says the bonus will be posted:
six to eight weeks after the completion of promotion
Which isn't quite clear that it's six to eight weeks after the third stay or the promotion period of September 10, 2009. If it's the latter, there could definitely be a problem getting the 50% bonus on the 10,000 mile bonus.

We also have to hope that Wyndham makes the activity date of the 10,000 mile bonus prior to July 31, 2009, hopefully the activity date will be that of the third stay that qualifies one for the bonus, but that is hardly guaranteed.

All that being said, I'm hoping for the best, I am crediting my stays to US for this and hoping it works out and I get my 5,000 mile bonus, but I'm far from confident I'll get it.

One would hope that since both Wyndham and US have promoted the promotions together that it will work out they combine correctly.