FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2009, 9:59 am
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by WBurcham
You mean first tier airports like ATL, MIA, ORD, DFW, IAH, JFK where major international connections can be made.
Or first-tier networks where major international connections can be made: MSP, LAX, SEA, SLC, IAD, BOS, ... ? This ridiculous "back at you" in a vain attempt to denigrate WN is absurd. If you like to fly WN & they don't serve your favorite airport, pick another airline. I've done that three times already this year, and WN is still our preferred domestic carrier; in fact, two of those trips (& couple CO codeshares) are the only business DL/NW has gotten from us in 4 months). We're saving lots of money & our tickets will drop by almost 50% when I get my companion pass. Odds are WN will still be around & profitable when UA & eventually maybe even DL are in liquidation.

One thing I've learned in the last year is that loyalty to a single airline is almost never rewarded in kind. One needs to be flexible and pick the airlines that work best for different needs.