FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:27 pm
graraps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ADLFO
No, I think Jeff said just the opposite, that DL was going to lead. The statement about Global Services (in casual dinner conversation) was just to help describe in a very general way part of what the 4th tier benefits will be to FTers since we generally know many of the benefits of other FFer programs.
I wasn't talking about them mentioning UA over the 4th elite tier, much as I think it's not really that useful- I mean, what's the difference between silver and gold anyway?

I was talking about them saying "the industry standard is this and that, and in order to achieve/exceed/etc it we need to make adjustments yada yada", when their "industry standard" consists of one airline that's both effectively bankrupt and famous for customer dissatisfaction and one that's only marginally better (in both financial and service quality terms).

It's a bit like Hyundai saying "right, we think that, compared to Lada, our cars are pretty damn fine- we only need to add better heaters because it's cold in Russia".

Last edited by graraps; Jun 28, 2009 at 11:29 pm Reason: added carmaker analogy