FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis - Washington D.C. post renovation 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:17 am
superangrypenguin
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
My first post, so here goes...

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic stay at the St Regis Washington. After a very poor stay at the Westin NYC, I had called SPG corporate and explained my situation at the NYC property. I had just casually mentioned that I had a stay at the Washington St Regis and to kindly make sure that my Anniversary would go better there. When I got there, I was amazed - I was upgraded from a standard room to the St Regis Suite. The stay was absolutely fantastic, and one of the most memorable moments of my life. Everything was flawless, from the Butler, to the Adour St Regis.

Unfortunately, I had found one of my rims curbed on my Audi. While I was unable to verify if it was caused at the St Regis, I mentioned it to the hotel, and even they were unable to verify events. (I was pretty sure as to the time and date of the occurence...as I remembered a time when I peered through the hotel lobby window to see what happened). Without a hassle, the Director of Security (interesting title), gave me a $150USD refund (the quote from the dealer to repair the rims).

As far as service goes, everybody went above and beyond. My butler, Sherif (I think), was hardly used - I feel bad and out of place for "using" anybody, so all he did was get us ice. But the experience - was one of a lifetime. So I praise this hotel to the n'th degree. I had a great time! The food was not quite as good as the Adour rest. in NY, but the hotel was a great treat. I don't think I've ever been so spoiled in my life!! And I know, for the first time in a long time, my better half enjoyed a hotel stay on a Starwood property!