FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hillrider
I don't understand your post: OP seems pretty rational to me. He/she learned that there's a drastic difference on how much the same amount of miles buys you, and he/she's going to the program that gives him/her the best value for his/her next free trip to Hawaii.
I agree. It sounds like a reasonable and well-thought-out plan to me as well, without a whole lot of need for discussion. Imagine if everyone who want to choose one program over another felt the need to tell everyone about it and discuss it at length

Different plans work for different people, for a variety of reasons and those who have a favorite are not well-served by trying to "defend" those plans to others, just as those opting for different plans have little need to explain themselves to others.

I'm often surprised by the number of people who come here to try and justify why this plan doesn't work for them (some are much more harsh that that) and that they are going to plan XYZ instead. I'm sure the same happens on other forums as well. People should make their choices based on what works for them, without caring what others think. Likely, most here don't care much about such decisions of others, nor should they,IMO.

To each his/her own.

Cheers.