FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:55 am
quartney

Programs: AAdvantage
flight recap:

Because of weather, no flights were going into DFW on our departure date. American switched us to Delta/NWA flights the following day *and* got us a hotel room that night. Which surprised us, since I didn't think Airlines gave out hotel vouchers due to weather.

Our newly-scheduled flights got us in to Hawaii only 1 hour later. We traveled 1st-class to ATL and then from ATL to HNL. We were on NWA's 747-400 and WOW was it nice in 1st class. The seats were awesome, we loved the individual tv sets with new movies, and the flight attendants were first-rate, as well.

Coming home, we found out a few hours before departure that AA had accidentally cancelled our return flights when they re-routed us with Delta/NWA on the outbound flight. Thirty minutes on the phone with AA and we got our flights rescheduled.

First class on AA's 757 was a disappointment after flying in the 747-400. While I appreciate AA's customer service, I'm considering switching FF credit cards to Delta.