FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Court says TSA engaged in unlawful search. (Fofana)
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:32 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmocek
Oh, come on. Who doesn't use drugs? Ibuprofin for a headache? Cup of coffee (caffeine) to wake up in the morning? Smoke (nicotine) break to calm down? Beer, wine, or cocktail (alcohol) to relax after work? Smoke a bowl or a joint (cannabis) to relax after work or before heading off on a hike in the wilderness (or safer, vaporize it)? Take some MDMA at a party with friends once in a long while? I know many, many, adults who use drugs -- both recreational and medicinal, legal in their present location and not -- responsibly. Very few people who use drugs, even drugs that our federal governement presently prohibits adults from possessing, use them in a problematic manner. Use of drugs, much less association with people who use them, has no bearing on one's qualifications to hold a security clearance.

You mixing legal items with some that are illegal in all cases. Even some legal items become illegal when used improperly such as driving under the influence.

When a person applies for a security clearance part of the process deals with the persons integrity. The use of illegal drugs or even close association with others who use illegal drugs brings that persons integrity into questions.
A person with a history of drug use should get a hard look before any clearance is granted.

I don't know who you hang out with but people I know do not use illegal drugs. If they did and I became aware of that fact I would report that to the police.