FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The College Green Hotel Dublin, Autograph Collection (was Westin) [Master Thread]
Old Jun 25, 2009, 4:33 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I stayed at this hotel as a gold 5 years or so ago. I was really looking forward to my return as a platinum (which I have now been for three years). Imagine my surprise to find the front desk staff believing that I was a gold. Fortunately, I show my SPG card as a matter of course. I immediately got an upgrade to a junior suite.

The suite was large enough to be considered a full suite. For ventilation and light purposes, it has an opening to the bedroom, as otherwise it would be entirely interior. From the front hall, the bedroom was to the right, and the bathroom was to the left. Others have written that all bathrooms here have walk in showers. That was not the case for this room. There were a few steps up to the living room. It was sparsely furnished, with a sofa at one end, a coffee table, then a dresser/minibar at the other with the TV on top. There was a desk to the side. Others have noted that the building was a conversion from a bank, so there are few rooms with exterior views. We had a large window that looked out on an interior service walkway, a side wall, and then blue sky above.

The bedroom would benefit from a curtain to draw close between the living area and the bedroom. It is light from 5am til 10pm at this time of year. The curtains were not blackout, and there was considerable light seepage into the bedroom. Further, if anyone is at the desk with the light on, it is immediately across from the opening to the bedroom.

We had some service issues the first day, and had superb recovery by the Assistant Front Desk Manager. He certainly made us feel that those hiccups were an anomaly. The staff is very international, from the warm and friendly head of maintenance to the absolutely delightful head of food services who was filling in at the restaurant during breakfast. The doorman was outstanding, carefully helping my husband with directions to drop off our rental car.