FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pisa or Milano or Como/Lugano
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:07 pm
hindukid

Thanks Tfar for all the helpful advice. We are looking for more nature and scenery and perhaps a little european culture regarding sidewalk restaurants and bars and that sort of thing. I think museums and art are not of that much interest to us, at least on this trip. I also do like to look at spectacular buildings though.

I should have mentioned that I have actually been to the Duomo and the tower of Pisa. It was ten years ago when I was in college so my perspective was probably different. I remember thinking the tower was OK but being pretty blown away by the Duomo. My wife has been to none of these but seems more excited by the Duomo. Perhaps because I built it up though. I also have read about going to the top of the Duomo and I have never done that.

I am against leaving wed. afternoon because that means less time in Cinque Terre and that is a highlight for us. Also I want to get to lucerne early because that is my big highlight. This day was just a day in between scheduled for driving but I have now realized there is a lot I could accomplish.

I have read more about Lugano and I am starting to like the idea of wed. night in rho, thur. morning in milan and thursday afternoon and evening in Lugano. I have a free night voucher at Holiday Inn so I think I will just use it at Lugano. Its supposed to be right next to mount salvatore and we are talking of hiking it up to the top. Perhaps that combined with a boat ride and a dinner in Lugano would be a good plan.

Of course this would change if I got the impression Como was better then Lugano but I am not really getting that.