FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL}
Old Jul 26, 2002, 11:06 am
Bean

I'm watching a Delta flight on final approach into PBI as I type this, and I remember the view one gets coming into PBI. As you will see when you land, there is not much to do around the airport itself. (Your not into Greyhound racing...are you?)

I'd also recommend the PBI Hilton,for the convenience factor. A non-Hilton option would be the Sheraton on Okeechobee. It is literally right next to City Place. I've never stayed there, so I can't comment on it, other than to say it looks a bit older.

I'd avoid the Singer Island Hilton, as it is accessible via Blue Heron Blvd...a very depressing, run-down, and sometimes dangerous road to be on, especially at night.

City place is great. From the airport, take I95 North to Okeechobee Blvd. Head East and City Place is about 2 miles on your left. You can't miss it. Dining is a bit pricey, but reasonable for what you get. Try City Cellar...great food and an excellent wine list.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could go 15 mins further North on I95 to Abacoa Town Center in Jupiter (where I live). It's like a mini City Place with more of a home-town, neighborly feel. Less crowded than City Place, which is more my style (I hate bumping into people every second, walking through crowds).

Traffic around the airport is a mess right now, so give yourself some extra time. They are building direct exits (North and South) off of 95 to feed the airport. Will be nice when it's complete, but a nightmare right now!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Enjoy your stay in the Palm Beaches!
(sheesh...I sound like the recording at the airport! )

[This message has been edited by Bean (edited 07-26-2002).]