FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pisa or Milano or Como/Lugano
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2009, 4:53 am
bdemaria
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by hindukid
Do you think Milan is worse then manhattan?
It can be. It isn't just a matter of traffic, the city has a significant electric tram system that adds to the challenges of driving. Parking will be at least as expensive as parking in Manhattan. In addition, don't kid yourself into thinking just b/c it is expensive there will be will places available near the sites you want to see.

Originally Posted by hindukid
I am now thinking about skipping Pisa and driving to Milan wed. night. There is a cheap rate at the Holiday inn Rho. The website says its right next to Rho train station. Would it be fairly easy to just leave my car at the hotel and then hop a train into Milan and then take the train back. Is this really easier then just driving to the city and paying to park. I feel like I will probably spend two hours round trip if I were to take the train.
You will probably spend more than two hours round trip if you were to drive. IMHO, if your schedule is so tight/planned that two hours makes a difference then (a) you are pushing to much into your time and (b) are going to find Italy very frustrating.

You asked for insights from people familiar w/the area, we have posted it.
No one is forcing you to take this advice.