FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Kathmandu REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:53 am
paranoid

Programs: HHonor Gold;Hyatt Diamond;SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Will try and make it in next month via BKK. I am interested in the plane ride where you can see Everest. Any particular tour companies used? Any updates appreciated. Still safe? Thanks.
I went there alone last November. Received all the benefits stated on the Hyatt website for Diamond member at this property. Offerred complimentary upgrade to Executive Floor and free breakfast. The staff in the lounge is very helpful. Encounter the power off for one time, just several minutes.(If you stay in Thamel, you will find the power off for several hours is common.)

I took the CA flight from Shanghai to Kathmandu, which could see Everest clearly on the flight about 30 mins prior to arrival at Kathmandu, if you sit in the right side. However, I have to admit it may not be very safe when about two-thirds of the passengers on the flight amassed in the right side of the flight, trying to take pictures of the Everest. (I did concern this on the flight, but the attendants seems not care too much.)

You can find many tourism agency in Thamel providing plane ride to see Everest. Usually charge $100-$120 per person.

As for safety, I spent two weeks alone in Nepal(one week in Kathmandu and Pantan; and one week in Phokara for trekking) and I was safe. If you wanna trek, at least find yourself a guide.