FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ
Thread: Jetstar NZ
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2009, 7:58 pm
anat0l

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No bags - you know I don't check any in, and no need to OLCI on NZ. Check in is done at the gate via the RFID tag.
Well then the "culture shock" question remains standing (my original statement pertained to people who needed to check-in and/or drop bags - if you had already OLCI'ed and had no checked bags then there are no deadlines for you to meet except to make it to the gate, of which I'm sure would not physically close until at earliest T-5 minutes for a domestic flight).

I think it is an interesting statement by Ms Borchert about how she could turn up 10 minutes before a flight and expect to be checked in; more so when she says that she is a typical "business person who expects flexibility", then chooses to fly a Mickey Mouse airline (as well as displaying her flagrant ignorance of the differences between full and low cost carrier models and operating paradigms).

In any case, what do you mean you never check any bags in? You're gonna have to some time....

Also, big at JQ re: the Avalon anecdote. I'm surprised at the apparent "success" of using AVV vs. MEL for a couple of key JQ flights. Unless the tourism (what tourism? ) and/or business of Geelong is sustaining that market.....

Last edited by anat0l; Jun 15, 2009 at 8:09 pm