FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Marriott "Gate Hotel" (formerly Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel), New York
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:57 pm
MattTaiwan

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I will be the first to ask, have you ever actually driven the stretch between LGA and JFK before? With a 7AM flight out of JFK you're going to be driving during rush hour, which while it may only be 11 miles away, could easily take you an hour with traffic and that's assuming there are no wrecks or unforeseen backups. On a very conservative timeframe, you're looking at having to leave the Sheraton LGA at 4:30AM. I personally would just suck it up for the night and stay at the JFK property.
Originally Posted by eightmillionmiler
I on the other hand would do exactly as you propose and stay at the LGA Sheraton. I do it a lot even with early morning flights. At the time you would likely want to arrive at the airport, most or all of your drive is before 6AM.
Thanks for all advices. It's my first trip to United States so I never transfer between LGA and JFK before. The United Lounge will open at 5.00am so it's okay to depart from Sheraton LGA at 4.30~5.00am, I can still take a rest in the lounge area. I rather to stay in better hotel and wake-up early. In addition, the room rate in Sheraton LGA is more friendly than Sheraton JFK, the difference can be settle the taxi fare