FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Budapest, Hungary {HUN}
Old May 24, 2002, 9:19 pm
ebell

Programs: FL, AA, DL
I stayed at the West End Hilton about a year ago. It was nice, and the rooms were decent sized. Satellite TV, standard room amenities, modern bathroom, what you'd expect in a Hilton. The executive floor was nice (I got access to it as a Hilton Gold member), and had snacks in the evening, drinks (not sure on alcoholic selection), etc., etc. The exercise room was small, and all I used was the exercise bike.

It's a decent location. Metro in a block, and a huge mall adjacent if you're missing anything. It's also next to the train station that heads into Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I didn't find many restaurants near there, but I didn't look. All in all, I preferred being on the Buda side of the river.

Oh, anecdote time. I was talking to this one guy in the lounge. Seems a couple nights below he'd come in to a dark room, and gone to bed without turning on much in lights. Then he hears a rustliing. Loud. He turns on the light, and there's a bat up in the corner of the room. He high-tailed it out and contacted the front desk, who sent someone up to capture it in a bag. I think they moved him into a new room and fetched his stuff. The desk assured him that bats in guest rooms weren't common. Who knows.