FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:15 am
chiefs1970

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, 1.7MM, SW 15 Year Companion Pass holder, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Churchill Wonderful Experience

My last trip to London was spent with a week at the Churchill. I first visited in early 2004 when it was switched from the Intercontinental to Hyatt. The introductory staff were primarily from Hyatt Berlin and to my complete surprise one of the Germans had studied hotel management at my alma mater, K-State in Manhattan, Ks.
The Regency floor is very courteous and for those of you who travel to the Churchill last year they would stand when any guest came off the 8th floor elevator. I am glad to report that they stay seated.
My only tiny regret was that my full bottle of wine for the last two visits in 2008 and 2009 was only a half bottle. Don't know why this occurred, but appreciated the fruit and water.
I hope to go back sometime when I re-emerge from early retirement.
I always enjoy going to a hotel where some of the staff remember names as most of the time my travel is solo. I also miss their wonderful breakfast in the main lobby. Don't know how non-business people can pay $50 and up for breakfast, but also realize the majority of guests were non-Americans although I was there once with our former Secretary of State.