FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Yr Old twins Disney World or Land
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:45 pm
tfar

Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan
Wow, four theme parks and two water parks in two hours? You must have all had your jet packs on!

Anyway, I can smell the condescension of all-things-Disney from here; I am very familiar with it because my in-laws exude it too. I am also not at all surprised that your child did not enjoy the trip, given the negative vibes you must have been giving off during the visit.

And just as an FYI...WDW has a zoo...and a wildlife preserve...and an aquarium.
I don't think you understood hillrider correctly. It took his 3yo son two hours to be bored and scared. It's not that they only planned two hours to do the whole thing. They, and especially the child, had enough of it already after two hours. I can understand very well how this is frustrating if you just spend probably more than $100, if not 200, on this little family outing.

I also think hillrider finds the zoo and his other suggestions pedagogically more valuable than what is typically associated with Disney, meaning comic figures and rides. I tend to agree with that. It is nice to know that WDW has all these things.

What he meant was probably that in order to go to the zoo etc. you don't NEED to go to WDW. There are zoos and such all over the place and they are usually more accessible than Disney.

So, I don't think it has much if anything to do with condescension. But, it goes without saying, there are things that from an absolute standpoint can only be condescended upon. Disney is probably not one of them.

As a child I was the most voracious reader of Disney comics and loved the films. They gave me much joy and I learned a lot. His point was probably the same as my point in my initial post, saying that Disney with a 3yo is a waste of time and money. Save it for when they are older, say 6 or 7, perhaps as a reward for the first year of school. Of course, one could say attending school should be self-evident and not be rewarded. That's another discussion.

Would be interesting to hear back from the OP before we continue arguing about what is best for his children.

Till