FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Survive a Hotel Fire.
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2009, 3:29 pm
tfar

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I take this issue pretty seriously.

When my clients put me up at a hotel that I find deficient in fire escape exit and systems, I will ask that they rebook me into another hotel on a subsquent stay. If bad enough, I'll ask to be rebooked during the middle of my business trip.

I have never been apart of a fire evacuation at any of my hotel stays, but what's to say that I don't encounter a fire during my next stay?

Oh, and for people who pull fire alarms as a joke, grow the *@!& up.
Wow, that's harsh.

If I were your client I might not react very kindly to such an attitude. The only exception would be if you had ever been in a hotel fire or had loved a hotel fire. You would have been so traumatized that you will let me as your client know this and kindly ask for a hotel with good fire precautions BEFORE I book it for you. Even then, I would probably say that I know nothing about fire precautions and that you can gladly select your own hotel within a certain standard and have them send me the bill.

If you were just complaining to me that the hotel I booked for you was not up to your personal safety standards, I would look for another vendor unless you are in a monopoly position and my life depended on you.

Till