FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:07 pm
buschoi

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Eryeal
As a former BOA manager - let me tell you the measurements are extremely accurate. Yes there is the 1 out of 10,000 that may miss a quarter. But those machines cost thousands of dollars and have an unbelievable level of calibration. I would take a machine over human counting any day of the week.
Alright, not that I don't want to trust the work of the machines that cost thousands of dollars. I just want to avoid argument like these:

Originally Posted by thehawk75
On a $5000 deposit they accepted and gave me a receipt for (and credit to my account), a week later they debited $57.34 from my account. What was amusing was that with a straight face they said 'your $5000 deposit in $1 coins was determined to be $57.34 short of $5000', to which I had to ask 'how does a deposit in $1 coins only end up short a denomination of 34 cents?' Later the teller admitted that the coins are in fact NOT counted, but, weighed. Apparently their scales said I was short 57.34 coins

End of story, they gave me back the $57.34 they tried to take, but, this makes me very hesitant to deposit with B of A any more (or at least large amounts).
Originally Posted by gpapadop
To those with Bank of America accounts:

B of A changed its policy and now require the coins to be placed in a coin bag which is sent to be counted. So, it can take a few days for the deposit to appear in your account. And breaking the rolls and placing the coins in the bag takes some time. So doing this a couple of times was worth the effort. Until today I got a nasty surprise. I was waiting to see another $750 deposit show up in my account and, to my surprise, I saw only $747!! I am sure they have disclaimer language that what was counted was deposited. I know I placed all the darn coins in the stupid bag, therefore some employee treated him/herself to 3 shiny Native American $1 coins. I am going to stop in my branch today to complain about this and for charging me $12 fee in my business account when I maintained the minimum balance....These guys are out to repay the TARP money so they can treat themselves to more bonuses. Depending on the response, maybe it is time to go with a local bank..

So beware!