FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CTrip tickets and travel
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2009, 3:50 pm
allset2travel

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jiejie
With Y (full fare tickets), my domestic experience is that you can get refund, make changes without penalty, or get endorsed over to other airlines (the latter is useful if your flight has irregular ops and you don't want to wait around). One of the big advantages of Y ticket over a deep discounted one. C-trip is usually pretty good about changes. However, it sounds like you've got too many moving parts with changing both dates and cities. You may be better off getting a refund for this ticket and rebooking a completely new ticket, as two separate transactions. If you have time, try emailing C-trip--if you get no response within 72 hours, use the phone but from outside China you'll need to use the non-toll free international number. If you look on their website homepage in English, you'll see this number and also one for North America, if that's where you are now. If you have Skype or other VOIP ability from your computer, you could also try that. Just keep in mind the time differential China vs Wherever you are.
About the Y fare. My US-based knowledge tells me it is full fare. When I booked it online, it was the lowest fare and was listed in the column that suggests to me as a discounted fare. I am confused, but will treat it as full fare when I call them.
I have emailed to ctrip within last 36 hours. No reply yet. I do plan to call them. Their office in Beijing at 7am local time.

Thanks for the suggestion of getting a refund and re-book new tickets. Great idea.

I don't use Skype but will try voip.

Thanks for chipping in. Really helps.