FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe
Old Apr 12, 2002, 9:29 pm
Super Larry

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by latony:
I am planning my honeymoon for the first 2 weeks in October and wanted some advice on which hotels to use my points. I'm a diamond member and have points in my Amex MR that I can transfer into Delta to Hilton. Probably only 150K or so. I understand that I won't be able to take advantage of the GLOP award because I'm only looking to stay 2-3 nights per city. Do you think I can get the 6 nights but at 2 different consecutive hotels?
Has anyone stayed int the Noga Hilton in Cannes? Is the Hilton Paris "honeymoon material" meaning to say romantic and luxurious? I've heard great things about the Cavalieri in Rome but the downside is that it's a bit far from everything. I have points in Starwood as well, so I'll be using points for Excelsior stays in Florence or maybe Paris if the input from the Hilton is bad.
</font>
Latony,

I'm like you, I'll be using my points for stays in Greece and Malta for my honeymoon this comming July. I'm even worst, I'm using my miles for both tickets on First Class!!

Rhodes in Greece and Malta Island have both Hilton Resort facility. The nice thing about it, is that these properties are Executive level, which will cost you only 100K per 6 nights stay, and I've been able to put two 6 nights stays one after the other, at both properties.

I roughly calculated a value of about 17K for the honeymoon trip so far, and just like you, after 20K on the wedding and a house being built as we speak, I couldn't afford to throw 17K away. However, it won't be "cheap" on the meals!!

Congrats and good luck!