FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe
Old Apr 12, 2002, 10:02 am
edg1

I'm not sure what planet IM4Travel is on (and certainly in the wrong community). I know countless people who have used frequent flier miles, hotel points, or even time-shares for their honeymoon. Why would anyone care how you procured your flights/accommodations...a first class flight and luxury hotel room are still the same regardless if they are paid for or as a result of miles/points.

latony - I am in the exact same situation as you...HHonors Diamond, SW Plat, and getting married in Oct. Our Hawaiian honeymoon is being funded through miles/points, with the money we save going towards splurging on meals and activities. My fiancée is THRILLED that we don't have to pay for the flights or hotel rooms (the wedding is expensive enough as it is), just as she has been thrilled with the last couple of European vacations we have taken on miles/points.

As IM4Travel says "I guess there's all sorts in the world", but in this case, I think IM4Travel's "sort" is in the minority.

I lmost forgot the original reason I was going to post here....There is now a Hilton in Sorrento, Italy. (a town on the coast a couple of hours south of Rome) If you do a search on these boards, you will find some discussion threads on it. I didn't stay at the Hilton when I was in Sorrento (as it wasn't a Hilton at the time), but the town of Sorrento is a great home base for visits to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Pompeii, and the island of Capri. If you want to use HHonors points in Italy, this may be a good alternative.

[This message has been edited by edg1 (edited 04-12-2002).]