FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks for the upgrade. . .but is it really?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:28 am
markdg

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You were lucky at the AMS Hilton to get anything at all. The executive rooms there tend to have a small table and different room format (bathroom out of the "rectangle" formed by the room), but some of them don't. For those, check to see if there are dressing gowns and free water if you're massively curious.

Only the corner junior suites have sofas there.
That's superb then. There was a small round table, and a glass desk. The bathroom was within the rectangle (ie there was a small corridor formed by the bathroom) - if that's what you mean

There was definitely free water and gowns, and a plate of strawberries, so I'm guessing it was Exec!

Just to note, it definitely wasn't a complaint about AMS - we had a great time there and thought it was a lovely hotel! It such a shame that you couldn't get onto the roof from the lounge, as it seems like it used to be possible but hey, what a great lounge!

It also wasn't a complaint about HH, as I've always found the upgrades I've received as Plat to be Exec floor - very consistant

My point was more that hotels in general are getting very good at being obtuse with their labelling of rooms, so it's incredibly difficult to tell whether or not you have been upgraded. (check out the IHG forum, for example!)