FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Yr Old twins Disney World or Land
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:58 pm
tfar

Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan
Her memory of the travel is not my only concern....my memory of her experiences at new places is just as rewarding as her having her own.
That is a valid argument. Whether it is worth all the hassle and expense for what the parent or the child might get out of it, is an individual decision, though. To consider this fact is NOT out of place in a travel with children forum.

This is especially true if there are less cumbersome alternatives that the child and parent might enjoy just as much and that are at least as or even more educational. You can see this also by suggestions from other posters in line with mine.

My partner and I agree that we would not take any very involved trips (especially plane) with the kids until they can walk and talk properly and until we can be sure they will profit the most from it. This means no big trips until they are four or five unless it can absolutely not be avoided.

I love to travel, too, but I think this is the better solution for me. I will find things like zoos, circus, magicians, sea world, aquariums, planetariums, botanical gardens in a range that doesn't require a huge outlay in time and money. If I do make that outlay, I want everybody to profit fully, not just me. I also want as little hassle as possible so it doesn't distract from the experience.

So much more than the question of whether to go to Cali or Florida it is a question of principle and one that many people might not consider because marketing suggests that going to D.Land with your kiddos is the thing you gotta do.

Till