FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Type B (VDB) Vouchers Questions [Merged Threads - 2009 and Onward]
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:39 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
If you want to use 2 different booklets, then, you are correct, you probably have to break them up into separate records.
That is not correct. You can definitely use a different booklet per passenger. I've done this a number of times. The airport agent will just queue up all tickets (and add collects), and when it's all entered, issue them all at once.

Originally Posted by 100% Green
I have never been able to use a travel credit on a multi-passenger itinerary. If you figure out how please post it here. I've tried multiple ways and have never had luck.
There are two types of Travel Credits -- the VDB ones, and the residual value ones.

If it's a VDB one, you're fine. Say in this case he has a $600 TC (4 x $150 coupons) and wants to buy 4 x $159 tickets, this is no problem on the same record.

What would be a problem would be a residual value voucher. Say he has a $600 residual value voucher and wants to buy 4 x $159 tickets, that's going to pose a problem, because he doesn't have four (4) coupons. He has 1 x $600 coupon, and a new residual value voucher will spit out the minute he issues the first one. In that case, he'd have to do 4 separate records, and issue one ticket at a time at the airport, basically taking the new residual that prints and applying it towards the next ticket, and so on.

But with VDB TCs, where there's already a predefined split, he's ok.