FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Yr Old twins Disney World or Land
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:56 am
tfar

Originally Posted by LCS
Thinking about taking 3 yr old twins to a Disney park. Any suggestions about which is better for 3 yr olds?
I don't know whether three year olds would profit so much from such a trip. I think of the stress that the travel itself represents set against the possibly positive impression of the park experience. What about things like limited attention span, nap time, previously acquired references (do they really get a kick out of seeing Emo and Mickey?), stimulation overkill, rides you can't go on with little ones. Also, three years is about the time when you have your first memories that you can actually remember actively later on. For some people this comes a bit earlier for others later. But of course, you cannot know now if they will remember it later. Is it worth it if they cannot recall it.

I'd wait another two years and go to the zoo, the circus and whatever else you have locally in the meantime instead of spending literally thousands of dollars and much time on a trip from which they might hardly profit.

Of course, if you yourself want to go, by all means go, but leave the kiddos at home so you can really enjoy it.

Till