FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just how much do FAs know about elite status?
Old Jun 6, 2009, 9:18 pm
genotonda

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Panamajon513
I asked the FA about this on a recent MIA-YYZ trip and she told me she would find out. She came back not a moment later telling me that I had GLD status, that it was printed on the passenger manifest next to my name.

However, when I told her that due to DBEQM I'd be PLT when they calculated the miles, she told me she had never heard of DBEQM and didn't know there was a difference between miles and qualifying miles.
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
You have no rationale or even remotely reasonable basis for expecting the FA would be able to anticipate the effect of the posting of your flight on your status- and even much less considering the double qualifying mile promo. Please be real.
I'm pretty sure he was not assuming that the FA should have known he was going to be PLT. I take it as he was simply conversating and just bringing up the fact that through a promo he was able to move up a status. I think he was just a little suprised the FA wasn't aware of what DEQM was or that there was a difference between EQM and RDM.