FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - old Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (hotel closed)
Old Mar 1, 2002, 7:45 am
Canista

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

Forgot to post that one but WT36’s trip report reminded me of what I’d missed at the Sheraton.

The Hilton is located about 5 minutes in shuttle from the airport… but it took me about 30 minutes to get there having waited in the freezing cold for 25 minutes, thanks to no shuttle turning up. I called the hotel twice and was told that the shuttle was on its way but it turned out that they had used it to help the police (don’t ask why, long story)… anyway it was quite annoying to have been told to wait, as quite clearly the bus wasn’t coming at all. I suspect this was quite a one-off occurrence (hopefully).

Hotel itself is quite old. Was upgraded to an Executive room but not sure I could tell the difference (apart from access to the lounge and old-looking plate of fruits). Pretty small room, with a weird mix of metal lamps and wood, very very dated and quite depressing.

The lounge is good but quite small, with a few snacks and drinks, TV, magazines.

Breakfast buffet is good, but again quite uninspiring. Everybody was very polite and pleasant, the only redeeming value of this hotel – having said that, it’s pretty typical for an airport hotel, you can’t really confuse it with a great Hilton.

[This message has been edited by Canista (edited 03-01-2002).]