FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [Merged]
Old Jun 4, 2009, 1:52 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PTSBrian
Right, but you can reset your SSID to pick up the IAD wireless from outside. That allows you to roam with whatever carrier you prefer (I can use my good old American T-Mobile hotspot account.) But it is confusing, because the SSID for the lounge is simply called "tmobile," and my computer thinks it's at Starbucks. (Well, actually, it thinks it's at what Starbucks used to have before they switched to AT&T, but that's another story).
some what OT but having your computer "think" its anywhere by saving network profiles is not a good idea, with $30 worth of stuff I can make any laptop look like a starbucks (or any unencrypted hotspot) and trick you into connecting to me and either use that to attack your pc or a man in the middle attack. Spend the extra 15 seconds to manually reconnect for unsecure hotspots.