FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Delta Rewards 'Job Well Done'
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:01 pm
syrwhizzy

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
I havent received any of these certs... maybe they're sending them to higher level elites? I'm only Silver.

I do agree that the examples listed are kind of bad, I mean, employees should be doing that stuff anyway as part of their job. However, I think you should understand the spirit of the certs, and that's to hand them out to someone who goes above and beyond.

I'm a vocal complainer when things go wrong, but I have sent compliments via TTU for a job well done. For example, an exceptional F service or meal (ok, so that doesn't happen anymore from what I've read... lol), a good gate agent that helps you score that last second upgrade by coming back to Y and dragging you to F, improvements in service... a few years ago (long before the waitlist was published online) an agent telling your spot, one time I was on an empty LAX-DTW red eye and I was able to get TWO companion F upgrades, I thanked the ticket agent for that and did a TTU. a few years ago when I was Plat, I just missed out on an upgrade MSP-BOI and one of the flight attendants from F came back and found me in the exit row and thanked me for my business, sorry you didn't get an upgrade, we have leftover meals, do you want anything from the F cabin?

Of course, these things probably don't happen anymore.

For those of you who are worried about them getting in "trouble" if you think they broke the rules for you, don't go into detail on how they helped you. Just say they went above and beyond and were very attentive, etc.

I came up with a few humorous ones given the times we are in...

...like that Elite services member who somehow hacks the system to allow you to use a domestic upgrade on a sLUT/KTL fares now that Delta arbitrarily changed that rule.

...like the First Class Flight attendant that brought his or her own eggs to make you an omlette on a flight under 1500 miles so you don't get stuck with cereal, bagels and yogurt.

Too bad we can't rate the executives who are f---ing up NWA in some way, can we send them negative certificates?

Last edited by syrwhizzy; Jun 2, 2009 at 2:07 pm