FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10 rooms at same HGI, how to max points
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2002, 9:33 pm
Rickejjt

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gw14:
I just made seperate reservations for 10 rooms at a local HGI for incoming family and friends. All reservations are in my name and HHonor number. I intend to pay for all the rooms. I made the reservation thru the Hilton website for the 1000 bonus points and intend to transfer all charges from 8 rooms to 1 room and then pay for that room and the remaining room with my Hilton AMEX credit card.

I tried to work with the HGI sales rep to set up something thru the Event Planner Program but got tired of him not returning my calls.

If this works, I would get 10000 HHonor points for the reservations, 10 HHonor points for the combined charges on the 2 rooms, 2 qualifying stays and 5 HHonor points for the total charged to my AMEX.

Anyway to get anymore points out of the family visit???
</font>
I just had a similar situation at the Orlando North Embassey Suite. I goofed and didn't do the 4 reservations separately so only got the 1000 pts for one online reservation. I would have gotten 4000 if I'd done them separately. I did find out however that you can only get credit for up to two rooms that you reserve. They will only give you double dip points on one of the rooms and just the regular points on the second room.

I found all this out when I got back and called Hilton Honors Customer Service. I even called twice, one after the other, just to check because I had only received credit for one room.