FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Chances of upgrade clearing / upgrade availability - 2012 and prior)
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:44 pm
WanderingGent

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
AA 1561 departed ORD May 31 with a lengthy upgrade in waiting list, two full cabins and several folks who did not make the flight (possibly standbys.) We flew 3A and B as Z folks connecting from PVG.

The F FA, who was also in that position SFO-ORD May 10, was spectacular - always busy, attentive, offering drinks, assistance, last minute sips before landing, remembering frequent habitués of the flight, even remembering us from May 10 last night. If they could inoculate every FA with whatever she has, we'd all be happy fliers.

BTW, the earlier SMF-DFW flight can be a bear to upgrade on, particularly Mondays.
So we were on the same flight... of course I didn't have my FT bag tag this trip... I was in 5D, and even though the FA forgot to offer me a departure beverage, she was extremely pleasant throughout the whole flight, and I was quite impressed that she remembered my name as I was exiting the plane. That was a first!