FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The worst experience with Qatar :(
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:48 pm
tokyolyon

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
The worst experience with Qatar :(

I just had a flight from London heathrow to Osaka and then to Tokyo. I left from London on the 29th of May and arrived to Tokyo on the 31st of May.
I was on QR 12 which arrives to Doha at 23:59 then my connecting flight QR820 to Osaka leaves at 00:45. Knowing that I will only have 45 minute connection I decided not to take any luggage with me, only my lap top. I am staying in Tokyo only for 5 days. What happened is that my flight from London was delayed so we arrived to Doha at 00:14 I run to the boarding gate after going through the security check. When I arrived the gate agents told me: “sorry sir we waited for you and you didn’t come so we can’t make 150 passengers wait for only one passenger” I was so angry and told them my flight was delayed what can I do?? The plane was still there in Doha as I arrived to gate at 00:35 so 10 minutes before departure but I was denied boarding. I insisted to take the flight but in vain. They said please go to transfer desk on 2nd floor in front on gate N10. I went there but was told to wait. I waited for an hour they told to go to the transfer desk downstairs and talk with Mr Ali. I did so and was looking for this mr ali. Then I was sent to customer service upstairs in front of gate 12, no one could decide anything. Finally I was told sorry sir you have to wait till tomorrow and you have to stay at the transit area. Then I was so frustrated and told them I will not stay in transit area and I need to see any responsible person there, then they sent me to another office where they took me to the silver lounge( I am a silver member anyway) and asked me to wait. I waited till 3:30 am when they provided me with hotel. I had to explain that it was not my mistake and my flight was delayed for more than 10 people. Why is all that? Why did I have to go through all this???
The next day when I took the flight to Osaka, the flight was delayed to wait for connecting passengers. In my case they didn’t wait. So when I arrived to Osaka I complained and asked for compensation or my money back. I will have to take the same flights on July 17th from London to Tokyo so it’s so possible to face the same situation. I am now waiting for their answer. I told them they have to answer me before my next flight with them on May 5th back to London. Otherwise I will ask them for a refund and I will book with any other airline. I wonder what will happen now.
This company seems an irresponsible company, I was coming from a flight operated by them and yet they didn’t wait for me. They didn’t know anything about the status of my flight from London as I was told we waited for you sir but you didn’t come. So strange and the way how they treat passengers is so horrible. Ground service is a big 0. I am really thinking seriously of not flying with them anymore. That’s my experience so please take care.