FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2002, 5:20 pm
opushomes

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Just my two lira (euro cents) worth. We stayed at this property ten months ago prior to a flight. We drove up, parked immediately in front (for free), got a good room and amenities including full buffet breakfast. My wife was concerned because she though that we were only entitled to a continental breakfast ala USA Hilton Garden Inn. Not true. This is a very good and convenient, if one is flying or driving location.

It is NOT, NOT a good place to stay for seven days in Rome. Downtown Rome is at least an hour away (one way) by train and bus. There is nothing in the immediate vicinity for shopping, sightseeing, dinner, lunch other than the airport. There is a good resturant about 5 miles away in the adjacent town. The concierge can provide directions, but you will need a car to reach it. I suggest that you reconsider your 7 day plan and spend six of the seven in Rome proper. Rome is one of the best places to see History in the raw. Much better than Athens, Istanbul and most of Greece.

Just my HO.

A negative hotel recommendation.

Hotel DellaOpera near the Termini Train Station. In fact, I would not recommend anything in that location. I also would not recommend using Hoteldiscounts.com for Rome bookings which we did for this over-priced, dingy property.

[This message has been edited by opushomes (edited 01-21-2002).]