FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]
Old May 31, 2009, 10:19 pm
hollyweasel

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Basic with all others.
Talking Strangely Impressed

Just checked in for the first time at the airport hotel. Warning to those with GPS's. The airport address is the hotel address -- so if you follow your GPS you will end up in no-mans land. Just head to the airport and you will find it.

The lobby and entrance made me wonder if I had stumbled in to a time warp. I am a Hyatt Dimond - but since SPG happily upgraded me to a Plat I have been staying in Sheratons and Westins. However - none have had such a weird looking lobby. However - that is where the disappointment ends.

I checked in and the desk staff was more than friendly. They validate your parking (a $10 savings) and upgraded me a junior suite. They also gave me a voucher for the free full breakfast in the restaurant in case the 'continental' offered in the lounge wasn't to my liking. The lounge was closed for the evening by the time I got here - and I can't see inside.

Parking is close and the spaces near the hotel are plentiful. The room is a far cry from a Hyatt -- still good none the less. The bed is big and comfy but still an old tube set.

All in All a better than expected value for the price ($89/SUNDAY - MONDAY STAY). Oh - and I mentioned the flyertalk promotion at the front desk and the staff were falling all over themselves to get bonus points for me. Very nice perk.

I will absolutely be staying here next time - especially considering I can now find it.

- Holly