FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites category - Bait & Switch?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2002, 11:21 am
J0HN

I had a similar experience myself in seeking a three day stay, a property was labeled as Executive on the website (and HHonors customer service had it listed in their "offical" book as Executive) but required a Classic certificate according to reservations. The HHonors rep. told me that reservations was wrong and issued me the Executive certificate. Upon receiving the certificate I contacted the hotel to make certain there would be no problems, and was told they would not honor the certificate. A call to the HHonors service center had someone tell me I could receive a two day certificate and pay for the remaining day (the rate was $275 a night), and would have to pay a $25 exchange fee to return the certificate issued. Of course I said I would think about it, hung up, and called right back. The next person I spoke with credited my account with 35K HHonors points, issued a new certificate, and had me mail back the certificate previously sent. A couple of weeks later the website had still not been updated (it is now).