FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any creative (and free) ways to print bp's on the road?
Old May 30, 2009, 8:26 pm
ctuttle

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite
If I can't print it out without paying I'll pick it up at the kiosk at the airport.

I was impressed with Continental's new boarding pass to your phone/pda option. Houston is one of the airports that allows you to do this. When you check in online it gives you an option to print to your phone, which gives you a link to an electronic boarding pass.

I just showed the page which had a barcode on my blackberry screen when entering TSA. They had a device which scanned it and then I went through security. I did tell the TSA person I had an electronic boarding pass on my blackberry. She acted like it was usual, and told me to put my blackberry with the rest of my things through the x-ray.

Worked like a charm, wish more airports allowed this. Of course this would involve the cost of the scanners at the security screening area, which I imagine the airlines have to pay.

Years ago American allowed you to just scan your frequent flyer card at the gate and a boarding pass would come out. Wonderful system, but I don't think many people used it as the gate agent would always tell me I had to have a boarding pass when I put my card in the slot at the gate. I think this combined with the boarding pass being required at security stopped this paperless sytem in its tracks.