FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Codes with free Loss Damage Waiver
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2009, 11:56 am
JLewisinSyr

Originally Posted by travelismylife
Both times that I went through my insurance for damage to a rental car I had out, my insurance paid and never asked to see my contract. On many occasions I have been told (back when I was renting from Enterprise and the agents were trying to scare me into insurance) that I am covered on any car I drive, no matter how much it cost or how I got it (stole it...). How much my premiums would go up is another question. In the meantime they have never raised my premiums, actually all the damage to my cars was someone else's fault.
Premiums are not raised based on the amount of a claim outside of a minimum threshold (usually $1,000 per claim up to 2 claims per 2 year period) before rate increases. If you damage your car for $2,000 or $20,000 your rate will increase the same amount (surcharge).

In regards to not being asked for the contract, I think in your case its carrier specific or possibly state restricted.

In regards to liability of the organization, I am almost positive in the contract (general or "level" specific) there is a clause that states that the individual is responsible for proof of validitity of company code/discount and that you may be asked for proof of eligibility at any time.