FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old May 25, 2009, 11:32 am
mrx900

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by ken7
How does everyone explain to the bank why they've got so many coins to deposit? I've only done it twice ($500 apiece), went to two different banks. First bank was fine, apparently someone else is doing it because they asked if I was the same guy that does this often. The second bank had a huge issue with it and acted like they weren't legal tender, and had to call Chase corporate to see if they could even accept them. They eventually did, but it was a hassle. I'd hate to order a couple thousand and go through something like that again; any advice to lessen my anxiety?
unfortunately, this is the curse of the game....what I have been doing is gving them to friends (1 box) and asking them to give me cash, to which I go and of course deposit it, or spend it on my mistress....Also, my wife noted that (she used to work at a bank of America), if someone came in with that large deposit, anthing over $3,000 cash, gets noted to some govt agency, i.e I.R.S. ......especially now with all the big brother crap. My suggestion is you distribute it unequally with different branches in your hometown and even when you travel.