FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An FTer flies to a Do (or Why take the nonstop when you can fly 10 flights instead?)
Old May 22, 2009, 3:09 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
We had ZK-JTS, which has not yet been converted from 16 business seats to 12. There was no cabin divider between business and economy which meant the cabin crew had to work hard to enforce the front toilet is for business class passengers only rule during the flight.

The load was moderate but most elite passengers travelling by themselves in economy had a blocked middle seat.

Lunch was a choice of Moroccan chicken with rice or hospital food (aka steamed hoki fish and soggy mashed potatoes). Neither looked particularly appealing. Also beans, small hard square thing that might have once been flour, and a Streets ice cream. Drinks offering was water, juice, tea, coffee, beer, shiraz, merlot, chardonnay or sauvignon blanc. They were not catered with enough glasses, running out very quickly. Plenty of refills.

The IFE was main screen "He's Not That Into You" followed by Top Gear (San Francisco to Bonneville) and a Brisbane arrival video.

I got an express arrival card, but only by going to the galley to ask for it. No other elite pax in economy got one.

We arrived slightly early, but then had to wait 15 minutes for the airbridge. This happens a lot when arriving in Australia on international flights. When it did arrive the airbridge was soggy with numerous leaks in the heaviest rain in 35 years. En route to immigration I noticed international transfers are locked and everyone has to pass a thermal camera and clear immigration. There is also a health declaration form for everyone to fill in and hand to immigration or customs.

I headed straight for smartgate. Unfortunately it wasn't working for me this time so I ended up getting a stamp in my passport. Grrr. I strode purposefully past the baggage claim and managed to again get clearance to bypass the x-ray.