FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exec Plat coming over to CO from AA and I have some questions
Old May 20, 2009, 2:13 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by aacharya
I think the previous posts were slightly misleading - they discussed overall U/G availability for Platinums, and one discussed SFO, which is extremely elite-heavy to the east coast.

For IAH-PHL-IAH as a CO Plat, you should see a significant percentage of upgrades, as I see them as a Silver, often on discount fares. It's IAH-EWR
that is a little harder to obtain.

Data for tomorrow

CO776 - 11 upgraded, 14 on list
CO1476 - 10 upgraded, 3 on list
CO276 - 9 upgraded, 9 on list
On the 1776 I always managed to get the UP even a companion up (last flight out of IAH to PHL). However Im still waiting to get the UP out of PHL on a reg basis, alot harder for some reason

OP if it was Me Id stick with AA, a no-brainer Im a LifeTime Plat with AA and hardly fly them as I cant stand AAs Y especially the MD-80s. Now above I said I fly to/from PHL but I live a quick 15 min drive from EWR ,yet drive down to PHL or did as the fares were cheaper and better chance for the UP. So I subjected myself to a stop in IAH when I could have flown non-stop out of EWR

Id rethink it thru again, and just wait till COs Irrops hits you, youd be so sorry you ever left AA (as a EXP) that you head will be swimming. If you werent a EXP that might be a whole different case

So unless you plan on buying a Y or B that can and will be confirmed then and there to FC, be prepared for some real lousy flights in the back of the bus.

CO has great crews and planes and service, but Unfortunately simply just doesnt come even close to AAs EXP level in any way

( have been Plat with CO for the past 5+ yrs, and requalified back in March , OK 712 more EQMs to go.)