FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is it illegal to hire someone to fly under your name?
Old May 20, 2009, 11:37 am
Clincher

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by thebug622
Years ago (late 80s?) before an ID was required people would sell tickets in the newspaper I once flew on a ticket that was issued to a gentleman with a Chinese name I also responded to an ad in the SD Union from a guy who paid people who were flying to the East coast $50 to fly in his name so he would get the miles . Ah the good old days
Getting your miles and status taken away is one reason not to do it. Illegal is another. Even if you found somone these days to fly across the US for $50 + tckt price, it takes away from the cpm ratio, ruining a good MR. To me that's like taking the risk of robbing a bank that you know has no money.

Until TSA's May 15 announcement maybe a jr or sr could fly on the same account. (You know get your bored retired father to take a few trips for you!) The requirement to put names exactly as ID's, could hinder a shared account between a jr and sr (Of course depends on how strict, will they see/require a suffix?)